JHR Development’s Matthew Rees completed an encouraging Thursday at Snetterton by setting the pace in the final session of the day.
His time of 1m43.026 wasn’t able to beat the day’s best overall time, set by the Welshman in this morning’s opening test, but was still enough to put him just 0.022s ahead of Fortec’s championship leader Joel Granfors in the final session.
Luke Browning, who set the pace in session two, was third this time around for Hitech GP, with just over a tenth of a second covering the top-three drivers.
Carlin’s Javier Sagrera was again a figure towards the top of the times and was fourth quickest, half a tenth clear of Douglas Motorsport’s Marcos Flack and Chris Dittmann Racing’s McKenzy Cresswell a similar distance behind, as six different teams again locked out the top-six positions.
Max Esterson was seventh for Douglas Motorsport, 0.060s ahead of Carlin’s Callum Voisin in eighth.
Arden’s Nico Christodoulou, preparing for his second GB3 weekend, shot up to eighth in the final session, ahead of teammate Alex Connor, who completed the top-10, which was covered by just seven tenths of a second.
The leading 15 drivers were within a second of the outright pace. Testing resumes tomorrow, with two more sessions at the Norfolk venue.
GB3 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Snetterton Thursday test three result:
1. Matthew Rees, JHR Developments, 1m43.026s
2. Joel Granfors, Fortec Motorsport, +0.022s
3. Luke Browning, Hitech GP, +0.108s
4. Javier Sagrera, Carlin, +0.272s
5. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.323s
6. McKenzy Cresswell, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.381s
7. Max Esterson, Douglas Motorsport, +0.500s
8. Callum Voisin, Carlin, +0.560s
9. Nico Christodoulou, Arden Motorsport, +0.599s
10. Alex Connor, Arden Motorsport, +0.729s
11. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +0.871s
12. John Bennett, Elite Motorsport, +0.928s
13. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.941s
14. Nick Gilkes, Hillspeed, +0.956s
15. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +0.956s
16. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, +1.163s
17. Zak Taylor, Fortec Motorsport, +1.163s
18. Roberto Faria, Carlin, +1.240s
19. David Morales, Arden Motorsport, +1.377s
20. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsport, +1.764s
21. Bryce Aron, Hitech GP, +1.799s
22. Cian Shields, Hitech GP, +2.168s