Douglas Motorsport’s Tymek Kucharczyk was the clear pace-setter on the final day of testing at Oulton Park today (Wednesday), posting a best lap nearly three tenths of a second faster than the rest of the field.
With snowfall affecting the two afternoon sessions, the fastest running came in the morning, with the Polish driver setting a best lap of 1m28.770s in the first session of the day.
Kucharczyk’s effort put him 0.275s ahead of JHR’s Matthew Rees, with the Welshman’s record-breaking time from yesterday remaining the quickest of the two days.
Rodin Carlin’s Callum Voisin completed the top-three with a time three tenths of a second away from top spot, and a tenth of a second ahead of another sophomore contender in the form of Fortec’s Max Esterson.
Souta Arao was the top Hitech Pulse-Eight contender in fifth, and 0.005s quicker than Elite’s McKenzy Cresswell, who in turn was 0.020s clear of JHR’s newly confirmed contender David Morales.
Fortec’s Jarrod Waberski continued his strong start to pre-season with the eighth quickest time ahead of Hitech’s Alex Dunne, who recovered from a roll yesterday to go ninth fastest today, and just over six tenths of a second away from the pace.
The top-10, which was covered by 0.876s, was completed by Arden VRD’s Nico Christodoulou, who joined pre-season testing for the first time today.
Every driver's fastest time came in the morning, though plenty of running was still possible in the afternoon sessions, but with wet weather Pirelli tyres.
23 drivers were again on track today, with the top-20 separated by just 1.361s. Testing is scheduled to continue at Silverstone tomorrow (Thursday).
GB3 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Oulton Park pre-season test, Wednesday classification:
1. Tymek Kucharczyk, Douglas Motorsport, 1m28.770s
2. Matthew Rees, JHR Developments, +0.275s
3. Callum Voisin, Rodin Carlin, +0.300s
4. Max Esterson, Fortec Motorsport, +0.438s
5. Souta Arao, Hitech Pulse-Eight, +0.518s
6. McKenzy Cresswell, Elite Motorsport, +0.523s
7. David Morales, JHR Developments, +0.543s
8. Jarrod Waberski, Fortec Motorsport, +0.612s
9. Alex Dunne, Hitech Pulse-Eight, +0.655s
10. Nico Christodoulou, Arden VRD, +0.876s
11. John Bennett, Rodin Carlin, +0.982s
12. Oliver Stewart, Elite Motorsport, +0.987s
13. Ayato Iwasaki, Elite Motorsport, +0.988s
14. Joseph Loake, JHR Developments, +1.043s
15. Edward Pearson, Fortec Motorsports, +1.147s
16. Costa Toparis, Rodin Carlin, +1.190s
17. Lucas Staico, Douglas Motorsport, +1.209s
18. Gerrard Xie, Hillspeed, +1.293s
19. Shawn Rashid, Douglas Motorsport, +1.349s
20. Michael Shin, Hitech Pulse-Eight, +1.361s
21. Zak Taylor, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.483s
22. Arthur Rogeon, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.682s
23. Daniel Mavlyutov, Hitech Pulse-Eight, +2.514s
Click here for Tuesday results